DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF A 3 WAY INTER-COMMUNICATION SYSTEM
- Format: Ms Word Document
- Pages: 73
- Price: N 3,000
- Chapters: 1-5
- Download Full and Complete Project
An intercom is a stand-alone voice communications system for use within a building or small collection of buildings, functioning independently of the public telephone network. Intercoms are generally mounted permanently in buildings and vehicles. Intercoms can incorporate connections to public address loudspeaker systems, walkie talkies, telephones.
Three way intercommunication system is nothing but the communication within three persons not close to one another. This does not mean we should categorize telephones, fax, teleprinters, telegraphs etc. an example of intercom system sine they are used in communication between people. Infact, intercom involves short distance places. It is limited in electronics, offices, and hospitals. The intercom system under is a three way station type. This means that a person can communicate to the other at another station at his own convenient time. They call once another attention by the use of the tone generated by the use of tone generator. Depress a button and the tone sounds, and the same switch is thrown to the intercom circuit thus they communicate.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE PROJECT
- OBJECTIVE OF THE PROJECT
- PURPOSE OF THE PROJECT
- SIGNIFICANCE OF THE PROJECT
- PROBLEM AND LIMITATION OF THE PROJECT
- SCOPE OF THE PROJECT
- PROJECT ORGANISATION
- HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF THE PROJECT
- REVIEW OF 3-WAY INTERCOM
- DESCRIPTION OF THE SYSTEM BUILDING BLOCK
- SYSTEM DESIGN SPECIFICATION
- BLOCK DIAGRAM OF THE SYSTEM
- DESCRIPTION OF THE OVERALL OPERATION OF THE SYSTEM
- LIST AND DESCRIPTION OF THE SYSTEM COMPONENTS
- COMPLETE CIRCUIT DIAGRAM
- IMPLEMENTATION, TESTING AND RESULTS
- CONSTRUCTION PROCEDURE AND TESTING
- INSTALLATION OF THE COMPLET DESIGN
- CASING AND PACKAGING
- ASSEMBLING OF SECTIONS
- TESTING OF SYSTEM OPERATION
- PROBLEM ENCOUNTERED
- COST OF ANALYSIS
Electronic inter communication is the process of exchanging information between individuals over relatively long distance by the use of electronic system connected together by communication cables or the instrument cable or satellite links. A telephone system and an intercom system can be used to achieve intercommunication.
In the department of Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu, there exists the need for intercommunication between all the offices in the department so as to enable the smooth running of activities. Where by information and ideas are exchanged between the individuals concerned just at the press of a button. To achieve this kind of situation and economical means of electronic communication was considered.
Thus the intercom system was chosen so as interconnect the three offices earlier specified. Other offices can also be attached/ connected to the system as time goes on since thee is room for modification. One may ask why the telephone system not considered since it is also another system of intercommunication. The telephone system is equally better but less appropriate since it requires a dedicated line form NITEL who charges bills accordingly. The intercom system only makes use of the physical communication cables interlinking the handsets concerned. Also, the telephone system requires PABX system (Private Automatic Box Exchange) for effective communication between the concerned telephone sets. The PABX is a high capacity telephone switching equipment that automatically connects a call to the desired route or extension number. It equally handles both external call and internal call. The telephone set or system is more appropriate for a whole educational complex or company. It is not appropriate to use the telephone for the connectivity of few offices as this under-utilizes the capacity of the PABX since they are designed to handle high capacity of lines. Bearing cost in mind, the 3-way intercom units is cheaper to construct when compared to the cost of procuring wireless intercom.
By embarking on the 3-way intercom, this believed that an efficient communication gadget or communication link between the offices shall be achieved.
1.2 OBJECTIVE OF THE PROJECT
The objective of this work is to design a device that can be used to communicate among three individuals in different parts of the home and in the case of injury or emergency.
1.3 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE PROJECT
Yelling throughout the house or office can be an annoying and inconvenient way to communicate. Using an intercom system in your home or office can save time and provide a more effective communication channel. The home intercom system provides functions ranging from convenience to security. Conversations can be held between individuals in different parts of the home and in the case of injury or emergency.
1.4 LIMITATION OF THE PROJECT
- When using an intercom system, anyone in the room of the sender or recipient of the message can hear the conversation. Communication might have to be repeated if static or poor sound quality exists in the intercom.
- An intercom is an electronic communications system within a building or group of buildings. They are generally composed of fixed microphone/speaker units which connect to a central control panel.
- This circuit is based upon theoretical calculations and may require practical changes to be made while implementing the circuit in hardware.
- This is designed for loudspeakers with low range and hence cannot be used at large buildings.
- This requires a changeover switch.
1.5 APPLICATION OF THE PROJECT
- This circuit can be used as a home intercom circuit.
- It can be used at small buildings like coffee shops and small offices.
- This circuit can also be installed in vehicles.
1.6 PURPOSE OF THE PROJECT
(1) The main objective of this project is to construct a three way wired intercom that will help two persons or more to communicate with each other within a particular domain, like offices homes, warehouse e.t.c.
(2) To build a telephone that will transmit signal via a medium at no cost.
(3) To immensely help the engineering students understand the technology behind three way simple intercom and its practical development.
1.7 SCOPEOF PROJECT
The scope of this project work design of simple two way intercom system is to limited to the design, construction and test on a two station simple intercom system with specification that;
I. The demodulator should operate with a minimum distortion while producing an adequate output
II. The small signal amplifier must provide an undistorted signal into the buffer amplifier to be able to drive a speaker of 8 ohms impedance.
III. A 9 volt d.c power supply is to be design and employed to power the simple intercom for operation at each station.
IV. Result shall fully be discussed while suggestions for further study made.
1.8 PROJECT WORK ORGANISATION
The various stages involved in the development of this project have been properly put into five chapters to enhance comprehensive and concise reading. In this project thesis, the project is organized sequentially as follows:
Chapter one of this work is on the introduction to a 3-way wired intercom. In this chapter, the background, significance, objective limitation and problem of a 3-way wired intercom were discussed.
Chapter two is on literature review of a 3-way wired intercom. In this chapter, all the literature pertaining to this work was reviewed.
Chapter three is on design methodology. In this chapter all the method involved during the design and construction were discussed.
Chapter four is on testing analysis. All testing that result accurate functionality was analyzed.
Chapter five is on conclusion, recommendation and references.