DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF DIGITAL INCUBATOR
- Format: Ms Word Document
- Pages: 73
- Price: N 3,000
- Chapters: 1-5
- Download Full and Complete Project
The purpose of this text is to present at a primary and intermediate level a comprehensive over view of the construction principle and indeed the operation of a Digital Incubator. We want to present a situation where by as the temperature in going up let the resistance be decreasing and as the temperature decreases let the resistance be going up.The history and importance of Electronics as a unique branch of science cannot be over emphasized Electronic as its history might have it, is divided into two periods. The first began with the invention of the vacuum tube, the second, occupying the later half of the twentieth century in based on the invention of the transistor.
Since Electronic is the branch of science and Technology relating to the conduction and control of electricity flowing through semi-conductor materials through vacuum are based. Its application to industry will be concerned with the design, manufacture and application of transistors, dides, integrated circuits and other semi-conductor devices and to a much lesser extent vacuum tubes.
Therefore, it is a fact crystal clear, that it is from the above breed and follow up from the electronic industry that such devices like Digital incubator was able to be made, Digital incubator is therefore device designed to keep chicken and babies at a required temperature when they are delivered prematurely especially as it applies to babies. It is used to keep them worm.
It is commendable to note here that with the help of this digital work on construction and operation of digital incubator, students of electronic engineering now have a text to lay hands on.
Incubator has variety of applications but it has only one meaning, incubator is an apparatus consist of a box designed to maintain a constant temperature by the use of a thermoctal or thermictor; used for chicks or premature infants. Synoaym: brooder: it is an apparatus consisting of a box designed to maintain a constant temperature by the use of a thermostat; used for chicks or premature infants.
In the business world, an incubator is an enterprise that is set up to provide office space, equipment, and sometimes mentioning assistance and capital to new businesses that are just getting stated. (the tem is familiar in poetry farming, where an incubator is a specially – equipped home for baby chickens)> business incubators are set up by universities, non-profit groups, and increasingly by venture capitalists, especially for new web businesses.
On the web, the space of growth and competition, especially of retail and business to – business (B2B) Web sites, is fostering software packages for the creation of “out-of-the box” Web sites. For more ambitious Web sites and technology product development, venture capitalists are discovering that the incubation idea provides an organized way to finance and monitor the progress of its fledging “chicks”.
- An apparatus in which environmental conditions, such as temperature and humidity, can be controlled, often used for growing bacterial cultures, hatching eggs artificially, or providing sinkable conditions for a chemical or biological reaction.
- Medicine: An apparatus for maintaining an infant, especially a premature infant, in an environment of controlled temperature, humidity, and oxygen concentration.
- A place or situation that permits or encourages the formation and development, as of new ideas: a college of that was an incubator of new approaches to sociology.
The small-scale apparatus for hailing eggs inspired the invention of incubators for peremptory born human infants, whose lives are often saved in an environment of controlled heat, humidity and ventilation. Another type of incubator has been developed for the culture of micro-organisms.
Incubator is a specialized crib used in carrying for infants, in which the temperature and oxygen content of the air can be controlled. Offer, babies who are born prematurely will be placed in an incubator until they have become strong enough to be housed in a regular crib.
- An apparatus in which environmental conditions, such on temperature and humidity, can be controlled, often used for growing bacterial cultures, hatching eggs artificially, or providing suitable conditions for a chemical or biological reaction.
- An apparatus for maintaining an infant, especially a premature infant, in an environment of controlled temperature, humanity, and oxygen concentration.
1.2 OBJECTIVE OF THE PROJECT
The objective of digital incubator is to design a device that will keep chicken and babies at a required temperature when they are delivered prematurely especially as it applies to babies. It is used to keep them worm.
1.3 SCOPE OF THE PROJECT
This work is a closed incubator in which air is warmed by an electrical heater and then circulated through the incubator by a fan to heat the infant by convection. The temperature of the circulating air in the incubator can be adjusted automatically.
1.4 LIMITATION OF THE PROJECT
- They are more expensive than a manually controlled incubator.
- It is more difficult to identify an infant with infection as they cannot become hypothermic or pyrexial.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE PROJECT
The incubator temperature does not have to be repeatedly adjusted by the staff. Therefore, the infant can be maintained at a constant temperature which results in the best possible weight gain.
1.6 COMPONENT OF INCUBATOR
Components of an incubator are as follows:
- The hood (or cover) which is made of transparent Perspex. Some incubators have a double hood to reduce radiant heat loss.
- Doors in the hood for gaining access to the infant. The doors (port holes) have a perspex cover or are lined with a rubber gasket and can be closed with a plastic cuff. Sometimes the whole side of the incubator can be opened to get better access to the infant for procedures.
- The mattress and floor which can be tilted into the head-up position.
- The heating coil and fan that warm and circulate the air.
- The thermostat which controls the temperature of the incubator.
- The control panel where the required temperature is set. On servocontrolled incubators, the infant’s temperature and the incubator temperature are also displayed.
- The incubator housing which holds the heating coil, fan and thermostat.
- The temperature probe. Servo controlled incubators have a skin probe that measures the infant’s temperature.
- The thermometer which measures the air temperature in the incubator.
- The stand which supports the incubator. The stand may have shelves or drawers.
1.7 PROJECT WORK ORGANISATION
The various stages involved in the development of this project have been properly put into five chapters to enhance comprehensive and concise reading. In this project thesis, the project is organized sequentially as follows:
Chapter one of this work is on the introduction to a digital incubator. In this chapter, the background, significance, objective limitation and problem of a digital incubator were discussed.
Chapter two is on literature review of a digital incubator. In this chapter, all the literature pertaining to this work was reviewed.
Chapter three is on design methodology. In this chapter all the method involved during the design and construction were discussed.
Chapter four is on testing analysis. All testing that result accurate functionality was analyzed.
Chapter five is on conclusion, recommendation and references.