Top 20 Renewable Energy Companies in 2016-2017
We have made a selection of the first 20 companies in the world in 2016 after the revenues generated from different types of alternative energy.
We’ve selected the first 20 companies in the world in 2016 and we ranked them after the revenues generated by different types of alternative energy.
1. TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION is a Japanese automotive manufacturer company based in Japan that wants to produce reliable vehicles and a sustainable development of the society by employing innovative and high quality services and products.
2. SIEMENS AG-REG is the largest engineering company in the EU and is based in Berlin and Munich, Germany.
The company has a branch called Wind Power and Renewable Energy, and was created with the purpose of designing, manufacturing and installing wind turbines for all types of onshore and offshore applications.
At the same time, the company provides solutions for hydro power.
3. JOHNSON CONTROLS is a multinational conglomerate based in the U.S. (Milwaukee, Wisconsin) that is producing automotive parts like batteries, electronics and HVAC equipment for buildings.
The company is specialized in building efficiency, and it provides several products, services and solutions that can increase energy efficiency and lower the operating costs of the buildings worldwide.
The company also produces advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles, as well as stationary energy storage facilities.
4. SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC is a company with the headquarters in France, and is specialized in electricity distribution, automation and energy management.
The company develops connected technologies and solutions that can ensure a safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable way of managing energy.
5. PANASONIC CORPORATION was formerly known as Matsushita Electric, and is a company with the headquarters in Kadoma, Osaka, Japan.
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics, technologies and solutions that are created for customers in the consumer electronics sector, housing, automotive, enterprise solutions and device industries.
The company is committed to producing electronics that can reduce the impact on the climate.
Panasonic Corp. of America has partnerships in energy and utilities, transportation and city services, and also small offices and smart housing.
6. EMERSON ELECTRIC COMPANY is an American multinational corporation with the headquarters in Ferguson, Missouri.
Emerson is a diversified global manufacturing company, which interweaves technology and engineering together to produce innovative solutions to all its customers in industrial, commercial and consumer market level.
7. VESTAS WIND SYSTEMS A/S is a Danish manufacturing company that is specialized in selling, installing and servicing wind turbines.In 2013, Vestas was considered the largest wind turbine company in the world.
The company operates many manufacturing plants located in the U.S., in several EU countries, Australia and China.
8. PHILIPS LIGHTING is a division of the famous Dutch technology company called Royal Philips, commonly known as Philips.
Philips Lighting is a global market leader specialized in the development and manufacturing of innovative (LED) lighting solutions.
LEDs (light-emitting diodes) represent the best solution for indoor and outdoor lighting of the moment in terms of energy efficiency.
9. ABB Group is a Swedish-Swiss multinational corporation headquartered in Zürich, Switzerland.
The company is a global leader in power and automation technologies and is committed to improve the efficiency, productivity and quality of its customers’ operations, while reducing the environmental impact.
10. KONINKLIJKE PHILIPS is the name of the PHILIPS COMPANY, which is a Dutch technology company with the headquarters in Amsterdam, Holland.
The primary divisions of the companies are focused in the areas of electronics, lighting and health care.
11. DONG ENERGY A/S is an integrated energy company with the headquarters in Fredericia, Denmark that plans to transform the actual energy system into a system that uses more renewable and sustainable energy.
DONG ENERGY supplies today about 7.5 million European users with clean energy produced by their offshore wind farms.
12. UMICORE, formerly known as Union Minière is a multinational company based in Brussels, Belgium.
The company is committed to developing clean technologies, emission control catalysts, materials for rechargeable batteries and recycling services.
Umicore is specialized in developing, producing and recycling materials.
13. XINJIANG GOLD-A+ is the name of the massive gold mine located in the Xinjiang province of China, and which receives revenues from clean energy due to its wind farms located in the province.
14. EATON CORPORATION is a multinational company specialized in power management that was founded in the U.S., but today has its headquarters in Dublin, Ireland.
The company provides energy-efficient solutions to help its customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power in a way that is safe, sustainable and more efficient.
15. SHARP CORPORATION is a Japanese multinational company specialized in designing and manufacturing electronic products with its headquarters in Osaka, Japan.
The company is committed to producing electronics that have a reduced impact on climate, and wants to make all its operations more sustainable.
16. BOMBARDIER INC is a multinational aerospace and transportation company based in Montreal and Quebec, Canada.
The company is a large manufacturer of regional airliners, business jets, recreational equipment, mass transportation equipment and provides financial services.
BOMBARDIER INC plans to make the transportation on air and land, more efficient and more sustainable.
17. TESLA MOTORS is the well known American company specialized in green automotive and energy storage systems with the headquarters in Palo Alto, California.
The company designs, manufacturers and sells high performance electric cars, but also provides energy storage solutions for home and industrial users.
18. GAMESA CORPORATION is a Spanish manufacturing company based in Zamudio, Spain.
The company builds, sells and manages large wind turbines, and in 2011 was rated as the fourth largest wind turbine manufacturer in the world.
19. FIRST SOLAR INC is an American photovoltaic (PV) manufacturer based in Tempe, Arizona.
The company produces rigid thin film modules, solar panels and is a provider of utility scale Photovoltaic power plants.
First Solar provides financing, constructing and maintenance services, and also recycling services for panels.
20. HELLA KGAA HUECK&CO is a German automotive parts supplier based in Lippstadt, Germany.
The main activity of the company is based on the development, production and marketing of the lighting and electronic systems and components created for vehicle manufacturers, but also for other suppliers.
The company is providing innovative lighting and electronic products for many types of builders (from construction machinery up to boats), but also to energy suppliers and municipalities.