THE FINANCIAL PROBLEMS OF NIGERIAN BREAD INDUSTRY. (A CASE STUDY OF FREEDOM BAKERY ENUGU – NGWO 1995 – 2005. A CASE STUDY OF FREEDOM BAKERY ENUGU – NGWO, (1995 – 2005).
- Format: Ms Word Document| Pages: 85 | Price: N 3,000| Chapters: 1-5
- Get Complete Project Material(s) Now! »
This research work was aimed at list for creating ideas on how to amend financial problems of Nigerian Bread Industry. Using freedom bakery Enugu-examined the commitment of the bakery service and better advice in the appropriate of the quality of financial service to be used so as to increase the financial sector of the freedom backery industry.
– Other objectives are to determine how this financial service quality helps to generate patronage for the bakery.
– To determine how reliable is the financial service system of the bakery.
– And determine how long is taking freedom bakery in it’s term of financial problem to still produce it’s product.
– To achieve this, directly related literature was reviewed.
Also questionnaires were distributed to both the management and staff of the freedom bakery and their responses as well as to collect data to test the hypotheses for the study.
The population of this study is restricted to the relevant staff / management which is about (100,000) Hundred thousand. The sample size was determined (Three Hundred and Ninety-eight).
In analyzing the research instrument used, chi-square method of statistical analysis were used to analyse and test of hypotheses.
The findings of the study are as follows:
– Payment of salary in freedom bakery has helped in generating patronage to the bakery.
– Raw materials delivery system of the bread industry is reliable.
– The transportation system of freedom is adequate to customers.
Again other findings were made apart from those resulting from hypothesis and they include:
– More than half of the customers that filled the questionnaires administered to them felt that the staff of the industry are not friendly.
– The productivity of industry staff depends not only on the monetary compensation but also on how their efforts are appreciated and enhanced
– Precisely 89.32% of the customers believed the industry has really lived to its promises.
Based on the above findings, the following recommendations were equally made:
– the performance of freedom bread industry can indeed be enhanced if the perceptivity in service delivery is maintained and improved upon.
– The staff of the industry are human and through the industry is trying to have a firm standard in the industry, a lot should be done to ensure that the time staff spend in working does not totally wear them out thereby leaving nothing left in them to improve productivity.
– The policies establishing quality and which is a guide to quality assurance department should be constantly referred to meet up their ever-changing environment of business, technological change and human unpredictable factor.
– The industry should maintained its stand as relates in profitability, performance and quality service delivery, it should leave no stone unturned.
Finally if the above recommendations are strictly adhered to the bakery will definitely always involve on its apex expectations.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of the problem
1.3 Objectives of the study
1.4 hypothesis formulation
1.5 Significant of the study
1.6 scope of the study
1.7 definition of the terms
CHAPTER TWO: LITERATURE REVIEW
2.1 Overview of the study
2.2 Service reliability
2.3 Importance of service of marketing
2.4 Overview of quality
2.5 Dimensions of quality
2.6 Satisfaction of profitability
2.7 Measuring of service quality
2.7.1 The place of quality service
2.7.2 Bakery customer relationship
2.7.3 Service delivery
2.8 Impact of service quality on freedom bakery Enugu – Ngwo
2.9 Total quality management and freedom bakery
CHAPTER THREE: RESEACHER METHODOLOGY.
3.1 Sources of data
3.2 Population of the study
3.3 Determination of the sample size
3.4 research instrument used
3.5 Sapling technique / data treatment and analysis
CHAPTER FOUR: PRESENTATION, ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION OF DATA.
4.1 Hypotheses testing
5.0 Summary of findings, recommendation and conclusion.
5.1 Summary of findings
The performance of Bread Industries in Nigeria has been viewed by many from, different perceptivity. Assets, quality and managerial efficiency have been seen by many as determinants of Bread Industries performance, while a reasonable percentage of identified capital adequacy, as critical for Bread Industry performance. Other factors have also been seen, as determinants of industry performance like Bread Industry liquidity.
A service is any act or performance that one party can affet to another that is essentially intangibility of a service makes it mandatory that the recipient must hold on to something which he/she will term to be quality so as to encourage patronage and patronage can only be enhanced when the recipient is catisfied with the services resaved. (See love lock 200 – 300)
DAVELOPMENT OF FREEDOM BAKERY INDUSTRY ENUGU –NGWO.
Freedom Bakery Industry was licensed in Enugu – Ngwo in Enugu – State on 20th December 1972 to carry on currently capitalized at N5,000,000 million.
The Industry is firmly believes that getting the right people and the correct operating philosophy as essential in setting a part or bakery in a dready competitive Nigerian bakery industry.
The bakery Industry is a private industry with seven members in its board of directors, headed by Chief Ozokwo Isreal A. as the owner. It has I branch, Enugu State.
The objective / mission of the bakery industry is “TO CREATE A UNIQUE NATIONAL, BAKERY MARKETING BUSSINESS FOCUSED ON PROVIDING CREATIVE SOLUTIONS TO CUSTOMERS BUSINESS PROBLEMS WITH AN ABSOLUTE COMMITMENT IN QUALITY”. The bakery also has a vision and it is “A SOLD BAKERY INDUSTRY WITH EFFECTIVE PRESENCE IS IN NIGERIA – ENUGU STATE.
The Bakery Industry has objectives and they geared towards developing a good working relationship based real understanding of the need of the clients through efficient and responsive customer service.
The services offered include:-
i. Sales and Supply.
iv. Public Relationship.
v. Supply of Labour.
vi. Industrial Materials.
viii. Farm and Crops Promotion.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM:
This research work is designed to identify Financial Problem of bread industry in Nigeria, using freedom bakery Enugu – Ngwo as a case study.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
– Basically to find out whether payment of salary is one of the financial problem.
– To find out if raw materials constitute into financial problem.
– To find out whether N.E.P.A. power is one of the financial problems.
– To find out if fuel contribute into financial problem.
– To find out if transport is one of the financial problem.
– To find out if transport is one of the financial problem.
– To find out if taxes are constituent of financial problem.
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES.
Ho: Transport cost is < Personal cost in bakery industry.
Hi: Transport cost is not less than personal cost in bakery industry.
Ho: The profit made in a bakery is constituent profit.
Hi: ll The Profit made in a bakery is not constituent profit.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY.
The need for this study arose as a result of the increasing rate of financial problems in Nigerian bakery which seem to be threatening the very existence of the bakery industry with consequent implications to the economy.
An effective and efficient bakery system free in financial problem signifies a viable economy. Foreign and domestic investors are encouraged to diversity their investment portfolio this in-turn leads to industrial bakery expansion, reduction in unemployment and inflation, restores public and general, social and economic growth.
Given thiese scenario, there is need to empirically establish the free in financial problem in bakery: nature, implications and effect on the Nigeria economy and the survival of the bakery industry generally.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is restricted to freedom Bread Industry main branch office at Ngwo, Enugu State.
The reason for this is because of the bakery industry system of service which allows for a singular focus of the bakery industry within a given territory to achieve the set objectives of the industry.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS.
Financial problem: In financial difficulties in short of money.
Bakery: Place where bread is baked for many people.